Monday, September 23, 2013

Devotion #75 - Part of having a best friend is BEING one!


written by s.stansberry on 05-31-13
 
"Part of having a best friend means BEING one" quote by Joey on the show Full House

I am a person who takes friendship very seriously and personally. This scripture below completely wraps up the above quote!

Proverbs 18:24 A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.

Just because you know someone does not create a friendship. You must be the friend that you expect them to be. Futhermore, there is a friend that sticks closer than a brother. If you have a relationship with this friend "Jesus" then how much more should we cherish this friendship. It is more than just "Jesus is my friend," we should try to be a friend to HIM as well. Meaning not just expect HIM to be here for us when we need HIM but I want to be there for HIM when HE needs me. You say: "Does God really need me?" ABSOLUTELY!! Remember HE said that we are the light of the world through HIM. Of course, HE could probably find someone better than me but I cherish the fact that he WANTS me.

Let us try to be a friend that God can trust. One that HE will call on when HE needs a work done, one that HE remembers when HE throws a blessing party that there is an invitation for me, one that when I am going through a hard time that HE wouldnt have it any other way but to be there and hold my hand through. I want to invite HIM to dinner with my family, be proud to tell others about my best friend, take HIM on vacation with me....

Jesus said: John 15:15...Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

THE BIGGEST PART OF HAVING A BEST FRIEND IS BEING ONE!!

 
God Bless!!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment